City Rail Link
- City Rail Link
- HVAC Contractor
- Plumbing Contractor
- Fire Sprinkler Contractor
About this project:
The City Rail Link will connect two crucial points in Auckland’s transportation network. It connects downtown Waitematā Station (Britomart) to a redeveloped Maungawhau Station on the Western Line. The project includes twin 3.45-kilometer-long tunnels, plunging as deep as 42 metres beneath Auckland’s city centre that will provide efficient inner city links to regional transport options.
At FDG we understand that relationships, supply, compliance and safety are paramount to the successful delivery of large-scale projects. Therefore, in addition to supplying quality customised products, we also provided compliant and practical seismic engineering and design services. These services ensure that the HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire seismic support systems meet the stringent requirements and regulations required by a project of this magnitude.
Our scope included a range of innovative products, each designed to meet the rigorous demands of this undertaking. Notably, our German made modular framing system – Modframe™, which provided superior and efficient framing support for heavy-duty applications within the project.
Our partnership with HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical and the Alliance contractors, demonstrates our capacity to deliver product consolidation plus positive interactions with our customers and their projects.
- City Rail Link was the largest transportation infrastructure project in NZ history.
- FDG supplied compliant seismic design and engineering to HVAC, Plumbing and Fire contractors.
- There was a 50-100 Year Design Life requirement for all components in this project. FDG complied with strict custom coating criteria specified due to the harsh underground coastal conditions.
- FDG provided onsite delivery to avoid any delays which supported customer efficiencies.