Wai Ariki Hot Springs & Spa
Rotorua Lake Front
- HVAC Contractor
- Plumbing Contractor
- Mechanical Pipework Contractor
- Filtration Pipework Contractor
About this project:
Wai Ariki Hot Springs and Spa, is a luxury, cultural wellness destination built on the beautiful shores of Lake Rotorua. Wai Ariki means ‘chiefly waters’, and directly connects to the origin of Rotorua’s thermal waters.
The complex offers a range of services combining the region’s healing geothermal waters with the centuries-old legacy of Ngāti Whakaue culture and healing practices. It took 6 years to build with a combination of both government and Iwi investment.
- FDG supplied plant room supports which included our German manufactured Modframe – modular framing, along with strut bracketry and seismic bracing.
- Due to the extremely corrosive nature of the geothermal water and land at the facility, all materials used had to meet the specific requirements of the building code for the nature of this project.
- FDG provided compliant stainless steel fasteners for external fixings, along with seismic anchors to meet the customer’s specific needs.
- Custom Fabrication of Supports and Clamps to meet corrosion resistance criteria. This included a number of different coating requirements including Stainless Steel, Hot Dip Galvanised and Epoxy Coated.
- FDG supplied a number of insulation products particularly Thermal pipe lagging. This contributed to lower installation costs and maximum energy savings.
- FDG provided onsite delivery to avoid any delays which supported customer efficiencies.
- Wai ariki Hot Springs is the first major purpose-built spa & bathing facility since the original Rotorua Bathhouse was built more than 100 years ago.
- The new high-end tourism attraction is expected to bring thousands more tourists to the region and will employ up to 90 people.